Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Small Gainz-- I'm coming for you, June LSAT!

lapuccio83lapuccio83 Alum Member
edited January 2018 in General 102 karma

Good evening beautiful people,

There is hope. I'm merely here to reiterate that.

Let me start off by saying: I am so tired. I've been in meetings and sitting all day, and didn't make it home until 6 pm. After making myself dinner, I opted to drill an old (and when I say old, I mean PT 11) LR section, even though I felt mentally drained.

Since I have not yet completed all of the LR modules in the CC, I didn't time myself - I'm ensuring that I'm able to give a logical reason for each answer choice I pick, on every question. Due to this, it took me an entire hour to finish just a SINGLE section. I blind reviewed the single question I had circled, and proceeded to grade the section.

Y'all-- I only missed 3 questions. ONLY 3!

Sure, it was an untimed section that took me 60 minutes to complete, but for me-- it's an improvement! Three months ago, before I started the CC on 7sage, I would miss anywhere from 9-11 questions on an untimed LR section, and it would take me even longer! I'm so enthused! Seriously!

Working full-time and working towards my law school dream has been mentally challenging, but today I feel so accomplished.

To everyone, and specially to those 7sagers working full-time: don't give up. Be resilient. Be brave!

It's so tough to study after a long work day, and the most arduous aspect of all of this may not even be your work schedule--but the people at work, or the tight deadlines. There are so many factors that affect our well-being, and even our ability to come home and be able to keep practicing and studying.

I love this community, I hope to be able to keep sharing my successes, and to share your successes as well.

I'm treating myself to the gym now. I need it! Sorry if my post doesn't make sense. I'm tired-- have I said that?

:D

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Good job! It seems like we're in a similar phase of the study process so maybe we could talk more and maybe study together.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lapuccio83 said:

Working full-time and working towards my law school dream has been mentally challenging, but today I feel so accomplished.

To everyone, and specially to those 7sagers working full-time: don't give up. Be resilient. Be brave!

It's so tough to study after a long work day, and the most arduous aspect of all of this may not even be your work schedule--but the people at work, or the tight deadlines. There are so many factors that affect our well-being, and even our ability to come home and be able to keep practicing and studying.

Good stuff. Going -3 is a serious indicator that you're improving a ton. Keep it up!

I feel you on the long work days leaving you feeling drained. I've actually begun to look forward to my studying after work because of this community. I never feel like I'm alone and it helps me more than I could ever express. Exercise and taking nights off as needed are also a must.

Enjoy the gym. You've earned it :)

• lapuccio83lapuccio83 Alum Member
    102 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Good job! It seems like we're in a similar phase of the study process so maybe we could talk more and maybe study together.

Thanks! :) of course! Where are you in the CC? As for me, I’m currently on principle questions and have drilled about 15 LR sections, all from the 90s.

@"Alex Divine" said:

>

I feel you on the long work days leaving you feeling drained. I've actually begun to look forward to my studying after work because of this community. I never feel like I'm alone and it helps me more than I could ever express. Exercise and taking nights off as needed are also a must.

I agree. There are definitely night where I just need to run, and perhaps watch some Netflix!

Thanks for your encouragement, Alex! You’re always so nice- a great example of this amazing community.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Working from the older test problems as well. Latest lessons are Cause Weakeners and Strengtheners and it looks like I'm about 25% done with the CC.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

Awesome! Keep up the good work!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lapuccio83 said:

@lsatplaylist said:

Thanks! :) of course! Where are you in the CC? As for me, I’m currently on principle questions and have drilled about 15 LR sections, all from the 90s.

@"Alex Divine" said:

>

I agree. There are definitely night where I just need to run, and perhaps watch some Netflix!

Thanks for your encouragement, Alex! You’re always so nice- a great example of this amazing community.

:) https://media.giphy.com/media/F9hQLAVhWnL56/giphy.gif

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

This is so awesome! Go you! Thanks for the encouragement :)