Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Does Reporting a Test Center Do for Me?

tony.js.leetony.js.lee Alum Member
edited October 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 4 karma
So I took the September LSAT at Pace University in NYC last weekend. During the test, there was incredibly loud pipe construction above us banging throughout the test, along with an occasional loud hissing sound that lasted for around 10 seconds coming from a mysterious part of the room. It got so loud that during the middle of the test right after we had finished one of our sections, the proctor told us that the LSAC was aware of these issues, and that we could cancel if we wanted to. None of us did.

Although I actually feel pretty good about this test (I was strangely able to concentrate pretty well for some reason), would there be any benefit to me to report the construction issues to LSAC given that I definitely don't want to cancel? Thanks!

Comments

• joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Yes, it tells LSAC that the other people who don't feel as confident as you do that they are not lying. Your report corroborates theirs and adds weight to the consideration that perhaps Pace should not be allowed to administer the test in the future if they're not prepared to provide a professional test-taking environment for their takers as they promise to do.

Remember, you were not alone in that room. If you don't speak, can you be certain anyone else will?