Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I take this with a grain of salt...

acsimonacsimon Alum Member
in General 1269 karma

...but I just received an email from Yale inviting me to apply. Under “know” illusions (as in, “I know that Yale is a wash”—not getting it twisted on that) as to its significance for an app but I’m curious as to how I should treat the information that they send me for my app.

I was already done with my materials for Yale, but I’m just wondering if I should carefully read through the packet that they sent in order to adjust my materials. Or do the materials just constitute some suggestions (that are really only suggestions) as to the sorts of things you might include in your application materials.—if they are more than that, then I’ll have to sit down with them more carefully than I would otherwise, given the stage I’m at. I’m sure it’s no biggie, but any advice would be appreciated. Many cheers—A.c.S

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

@acsimon I got the same e-mail..I think I (and maybe you) was targeted because of minority status. Did they send you the Affinity Group packet as well?

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    @acsimon I got the same e-mail..I think I (and maybe you) was targeted because of minority status. Did they send you the Affinity Group packet as well?

I did. I thought that’s what it was—I just didn’t know how closely I should be looking at those materials for my application materials given that they’re already pretty much done, just not submitted.—A.c.S