Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which Qs should I prioritize when I come back after skipping?

So the following is the order that I attempt again when I come back after I skip them during the 1st pass in an LR section:

1) The Qs that I skipped without looking at answer choices not because I realized they were particularly difficult but because I simply couldn't focus at the moment.
2) The Qs that I had to force myself to pick one over the other, very attractive contender.
3) The Qs that I realized they are one of the most difficult Qs in the section and so I know that spending more time on those Qs will not necessarily lead to getting them correct.

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

Comments

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited January 2018 1091 karma

I don't exactly have a rule-set, and I think there is something to be said for developing an innate, personal sense of which questions to come back to. But to try and explain my process a bit... in most cases I have an LR question circled for one of two reasons (a) I don't know what's going on after the first read, and (b) I think I know what is going on with the question, but it's just hard and I was wasting time.

On the principle of going for the lowest-hanging fruit, I will try and return to (a)-type questions first, since I just need a fresh look at the question. (b)-type questions I go back to last, since I know for sure that they're hard questions, and that is relatively less low hanging fruit.

I guess the TL;DR is this: I go back to what I believe to be the lowest-hanging fruit.

I think this is very similar to what you've outlined, but maybe taken from a different angle.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

I tend to go back to whatever ones I think I have the best chance at getting correct in the shortest amount of time. If there's a question(s) where I was stuck between two answer choices, I go back to these first on my round two. I usually find that with these I just needed some time away to come back with a fresh set of eyes.