Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tongue in cheek

tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
in General 1465 karma

So I'm in Philly today visiting Penn, and holy cow this city is a dump! There are overturned cars, smashed windows, lightpoles riped out of the ground and strewn around. Beer cans and bottles and other seeming remnants of some wild party throughout the downtown area.

It looks almost post-apocalyptic. If I didn't know better I'd think some epic battle occurred last night and the victors proceeded to pillage this normally beautiful community.

Is it always like this, or is it only once every 58 years or so??

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

You should check out Minneapolis. We don't even have the once every 58 year problem. Still sqeeky clean, and the battle even took place there!

Skol...

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

• Freddy_DFreddy_D Alum Member
    2983 karma

They're drinking wayyyyyy too much FIGHT MILK!! (Always Sunny reference for the lay person)

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@tylerdschreur10 its probably because of superbowl. On a more serious note, I recall seeing a thread on toplawschools talking about how some of the facilities in Penn have mice and also how there is one 1L professor named Amy Wax who allegedly has some racist views.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Haha, it's always a riot in Philadelphia!

"I am not watching this game sober"
    "Yeah, what do you want to remember it!?"

• NovLSAT2019NovLSAT2019 Alum Member
    edited February 2018 620 karma

Well.... I mean....

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Hahaha! Why did you visit today?

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@akistotle it was an open hour - tour, Q&A with admissions, etc. I was there too : ) and I loved it. Wished I lived closer and had better prospects. Doubt I would get in if I applied.

Also, I didn't walk around town, just parked and walked to the school. It all looked pretty normal to me.

9372 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    @akistotle it was an open hour - tour, Q&A with admissions, etc. I was there too : ) and I loved it. Wished I lived closer and had better prospects. Doubt I would get in if I applied.

Also, I didn't walk around town, just parked and walked to the school. It all looked pretty normal to me.

Wow they had an open hour the day after the Super Bowl!? So the Penn people really didn't expect their team to win. :joy:

2134 karma

Ha! Its been scheduled for a little while actually. I registered back in January.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Go Eagles!

2134 karma

I meant Open House - not open hour - sounds like happy hour. lol.

2134 karma

@tringo335 said:
    Go Eagles!

Yes - everyone there was very happy!

9372 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    I meant Open House - not open hour - sounds like happy hour. lol.

Haha! Open hour sounds more fun.

1465 karma

@akistotle I didn't actually visit, haha. But I did hear from my friend in Philly that it was actually as crazy as all the news and barstool sports made it look!

2134 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    @akistotle I didn't actually visit, haha. But I did hear from my friend in Philly that it was actually as crazy as all the news and barstool sports made it look!

So - it was all heasay huh? Mmmmhmmm.

1465 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

@tylerdschreur10 said:

So - it was all heasay huh? Mmmmhmmm.

Yup. Baseless slander of a hyperbolic and fictitious nature. Write me up for defamation