Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those working full time...

Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member

I'm still a little confused on how the process works with showing financial need when you are working full time. My FAFSA shows that I have a decent salary, but I'm single and so that obviously will go away once I start school - my salary will be $0 haha. Do schools automatically account for that? Do I need to contact admissions/financial aid to clarify it?

Comments

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

I think they do, but your should contact admissions anyways. One thing is that I presume you’re not a dependent, and so that will significantly affect (I.e., lower) your expected contribution.—A.c.S

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@acsimon said:
    I think they do, but your should contact admissions anyways. One thing is that I presume you’re not a dependent, and so that will significantly affect (I.e., lower) your expected contribution.—A.c.S

Yes, I should have clarified. I'm 33, so over the 30+ threshold for dependency that most schools factor in.

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Hi Leah M B- They do consider the future loss of income as a part of calculating financial aid. You will have to contact financial aid at the school though, as they may have a form for you to fill out. Good luck!