Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I've read LR Bible and LSAT Trainer. Should I do CC?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member

Hey all,

I've already read Powerscore's LR Bible and the LR section from LSAT Trainer. Should I still go over the entirety of CC? I feel like a lot of it overlaps.

If I shouldn't, any ways on how to be strategic on how to utilize CC - given I've already gone over LR bible and LSAT trainer?

CC is a ton of material - i'm just trying to be the most efficient and effective with my time and studying.

Currently getting around -8 wrong in LR per test - kinda scattered throughout question types but I see I've been struggling with harder questions (difficulty level 4/5), weaken/strengthen Q's, some SA questions.

Many thanks.

Comments

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Yes, if you can (if you have the time). There have been a few moments where JY has explained something I've gone over dozens of times in a Bible, and his different way of saying it was a lightbulb moment. I'm just about to go into LG on the course, but the CC has done wonders with how I understand LR, and how confident I feel about it. There are sample questions I blow through in seconds that I know would have taken a couple minutes before. I am curious to do a PT and see how much better I can do, but I am trying really hard to not do so again until I'm done with the CC.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

FWIW, sample size is n=1. Prior to joining here, I went through the Trainer, Manhattan LR, and PS LG Bible, completely. Doing every single problem / drill in each book (why buy it if you aren't going to use it). I am currently ~35% of the way through the CC. It is definitely worth it to do the CC. I haven't learned anything "completely new"; however, I am able to gain a deeper understanding and I believe it's making me a much better LSAT student. The videos really work for my learning style and I'm able to grasp concepts and attack techniques much better. The grammar section itself is gold (and my UG degree is in English).

Obviously, YMMV, but I believe its worth it.

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

The core curriculum is the best LR teaching material available. Use it and prosper!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma

I had probably read PS Bibles half a dozen times cover to cover before starting with 7Sage. I wanted a clean start and so I worked it through from the top. Glad I did. The lessons go much more in depth, and I gained a level of understanding I had not been able to access before.