Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I joined the Marine Corps because I want to be a famous actor

LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
in Off-topic 4850 karma

This is not throwing shade at any one, but since there are multiple threads about "I talked with a successful lawyer" and they said "X". Here is a fun exercise in sampling error.

What do the following actors all have in common?

Adam Driver
Rob Riggle
George C. Scott
Bea Arthur
Steve McQueen
Drew Carey
Montel Williams
Gene Hackman
Harvey Keitel

Answer: They all served in the US Marine Corps

Should every aspiring actor join the Marine Corps prior to going to their first casting call?

FWIW, I'm still waiting on my agent to call with a lead role.

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited March 2018 13286 karma

Hey. Us Marines are great people. Also, how could you forget R. Lee Ermey!! Dude is a Marine Corps legend. I met him after I graduated boot camp!

Also the founder of Dominos Pizza was a Marine. I know this wasn't the point of the post...but I like Marines, because I am one.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I see what you are doing here with the sampling error. I'm just checking in to state that Harvey Keitel, AKA "Mr. White" is for my money the single most underrated actor of all time. I used to think that title went to Dennis Hopper, but I've changed my mind recently.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Actually, the main reason I'm considering Harvard is because I want to be a pro wrestler a la David Otunga. People say the way to the WWE is steroids but I think it's through Cambridge.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

@AllezAllez21 The infamous Sgt Slaughter... he was a Marine. Just saying, maybe Harvard isn’t the right choice. :)

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

@BinghamtonDave Why do I have to be Mr Pink?!?