Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying with "old" LSAT score

amatthews304amatthews304 Alum Member

Hey guys, just hoping to get some opinions. I've been studying for the LSAT for over a year now. Took it once, didn't quite the score I wanted, so I'm taking it again in June (and July if necessary).

After my disappointing first test I decided to apply for the Peace Corps as it's something I've always wanted to do and the timing felt right. I was invited to serve (yay!) and I'll be moving to Benin come September. My service lasts until December 2020, so I would plan to apply for Fall 2021. I know LSAT scores technically last 5 years, but I've heard schools feel differently about older scores. I'm not super worried about it if I do end up applying for Fall 2021, but I think there's a chance I may apply the following Fall if I extend my service or decide to work for a non-profit for a year between PC and law school.

I've already dedicated so much time to studying and am feeling pretty positive that I'll be able to get my goal score come June, so I don't want to let this progress go to waste. Are schools going to care if I apply for the Fall 2022 semester with a June/July 2018 LSAT score?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Nope! Your LSAT score is good for 5 years I believe. You can apply anywhere within that time frame and they just treat it like a regular old score!

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

As @LSATcantwin stated, you should be totally fine. You have a very legit reason (congrats!) to take the exam now and apply later. It wouldn't really matter anyway, though. Plenty of people take the LSAT during or immediately after college with the intention of applying a few years down the road. A wait of two-three years is NBD

• amatthews304amatthews304 Alum Member
    215 karma

Awesome, thanks y'all! Just needed some confirmation while I overthink every step of this process.