Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Finishing on Time (Similar Experiences Appreciated)

EmmetropicEmmetropic Free Trial Member
in General 164 karma

When I take timed sections/tests, I try to take my time and ignore the clock. Usually, I end up doing relatively well by focusing on accuracy rather than finishing on time (scoring in mid-high 160s). However, it is a bit discouraging knowing that when I blind review and take my time with all the questions, I get almost all questions correct. It's discouraging because I know my untimed potential, but it is completely different from my timed results. For background: this is the case with pretty much every section and I think I get stuck in the choices sometimes (especially for LR).

How did anyone with similar issues overcome them? How long did it take? Should I focus on being very strict with timing myself? Or, will I naturally get over the hump eventually?

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

I think most of us experience this exasperation over the inevitable gap between our timed scores and our untimed scores, and it's so counterproductive. You need to continue to drill weaknesses to get faster. That really is the answer to increasing your speed. That is the name of the game. Your understanding of things like logic, causality, test-taking strategies can always improve.

Continue to work hard and be diligent in your approach. Look for specific insights from more experienced testers in order to speed up your comprehension of the exam. Don't be proud and always seek advice when you are stuck. The test will fall.