Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statement Question

Legally_SpeakingLegally_Speaking Alum Member
in General 553 karma

After talking with a law school admissions consultant I am second guessing whether the topic of my personal statement, two experiences hiking and camping in the Grand Canyon, is really the best choice. Originally I had planned to write about my undergraduate moot court adventures, but that was mostly because I was under the impression that the personal statement implicitly wanted to know "why law". I'd love to hear from others which direction they would go as well as any insights from their own experience.

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

What is it about the hiking and camping experience that you think best highlights who you are to the admissions committee? At the end of the day I think it really comes down to how you write it. Have you tried writing a draft of both?

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

@Kermit750 said:
    What is it about the hiking and camping experience that you think best highlights who you are to the admissions committee? At the end of the day I think it really comes down to how you write it. Have you tried writing a draft of both?

yeah, write both... see which you feel speaks to who you are the most.