Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I send a LOCI?

shannon.gshannon.g Free Trial Member

Hi everyone -

I am waiting to hear back from one school. The status of my application has been listed as "decision pending" since March 11th. This seems like a long time (maybe it is not - I am also getting anxious), and I am wondering if I don't hear back by the end of this week if it is appropriate to send a LOCI? I have read conflicting advice on sending a LOCI to schools that you have not heard back from. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7292 karma

Do it! It's late enough in the cycle that they should have gotten back to you by now, and you certainly won't be annoying them. There's no downside.

Here's our lesson waitlists and LOCIs: https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/what-to-do-after-you-get-waitlisted/

It's behind a $10 paywall.

• shannon.gshannon.g Free Trial Member
    32 karma

@"David.Busis" thank you for your response! I read through the information you provided. I do have a follow-up question, though. Do you think it is a good idea to call/email the school to ask if they would accept a LOCI if I sent one? My only concern with sending the letter is if my file will be pushed to the back... or is that not something I should be worried about?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    edited May 2018 7292 karma

I'm not sure what you mean when you say that your file will be pushed to the back if you send a LOCI, but I don't think you should worry about it. If an admissions officer loves your LOCI, he might pull your file when he receives it; otherwise, he'll just file the LOCI and see it when he next reviews your application.

I don't think you need to call about that. Just make sure they don't prohibit LOCIs in their waitlist literature. If not, send away.