Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Buddy Advice?

frayelizabethfrayelizabeth Alum Member
in General 32 karma

Hey all!

For those of you who have worked with a study buddy through 7sage or elsewhere, do you have any advice in preparation for a first meeting? What did you find to be some of the more effective plans/strategies you used? Is there anything you would do differently? As we are both aiming to take the LSAT this summer, I want to make sure we make the most of our time but am not sure where to start!

Thanks!

Comments

• jaclyn226jaclyn226 Core Member
    12 karma

I had this same question when my study partner and I started meeting, but we've found a process that works!! First we pick a PT to both take under normal timed conditions. Then we each blind review on our own except we don't look at the answers after. Then, when we meet, we compare answers. On any questions where our answers diverge or we had questions, we discuss the question and argue for our answer/against the others. This is a kind of second blind review where we often change our answers again. and don't look at the answers.. This is a kind of second blind review process, and most of the time after each of us has argued for our answer we end up agreeing on one answer. This gives added insight, and there have only been a couple instances where we got a question wrong after the second blind review. We've done it for 3 full PTs so far and have had success with it. Good luck!