Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Places to Take Practice Exams

in General 93 karma

Hey 7Sagers!

Was wondering if you could share some comments on your favorite places to take practice exams!

Many thanks!

Comments

• SwoopSwoopEagleSwoopSwoopEagle Alum Member
    78 karma

Public Library

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I also like testing at the public library. It's quiet, but also slightly higher noise level than actual test day, which I think is ideal for preparing yourself.

I like switching it up some too, to make sure I don't get too content and used to 1 environment. So I would occasionally take them at home where it's very quiet, and I took a few at coffeeshops where it's very loud and distracting.

• protagonistalexprotagonistalex Alum Member
    56 karma

I'm also a fan of the public library, especially since my testing site is just down the block! I tried sitting outside at Starbucks for the first time yesterday, and everything was really quiet until a whole family sat down at the table next to me. I've tried doing a couple at home, but my pets seem to think me sitting down to take a test is an open invitation to come bother me. :/

• 93 karma

@"Leah M B" , I'm with @protagonistalex ! My house is not quiet at all :( But I'll take your advice and try public library first. @protagonistalex I totally feel that. It's the worst when your envi is perfect and then someone comes and messes it all up :'D But hey, that'll help you be prepared for anything on test day

• 439 karma

on weekends I go to a coffee shop where all the locals go to study. It's usually really noisy but like a consistent level so once I get in the zone I can just tune it out. During the week I stay after work and do one at my desk, super quiet. I try to keep my PTing environment inconsistent, to make sure my test location doesn't feel unfamiliar.