Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to study for 2nd LSAT

tmulholland3tmulholland3 Alum Member
in General 11 karma

Hello! Last February I took the LSAT and scored a 163, which I am very happy about. I am currently planning to take the exam again in Sep and am hoping to bump my score up near the 170s for acceptance and scholarship purposes. For my first test, I self studied by using a Kaplan book, PTs 60-80, and 7Sage's free youtube videos of all the Logic Games. I am not entirely sure how to go about studying for the test in 3.5 months and am seeking advice from everyone here! All thoughts appreciated

Comments

• mjmonte17mjmonte17 Alum Member
    757 karma

I would analyze which LR question types you miss the most and drill them. Also, I would fool-proof logic games to the best of your ability. Overall, start by correcting any weaknesses you have while maintaining your skill level in areas you understand well. Focus on increasing your speed while maintaining accuracy. Don't forget to do proper BR every time you take a section or full test. You might want to consider using 7Sage specific content to ensure your RC is as accurate as it can be.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

I took the exam Dec 17 using self-study: powerscore bibles, LSAT PT, and 7sage LG videos. I was scoring in the 165-168 range and ended up scoring 160. I blame part of it on burnout, but I've also realized that I didn't have as strong of an understanding as I thought I did. I wasn't sure if it'd be worth it to buy the 7sage course because I had already studied for 3 months. In my mind, I already knew how to do everything and just needed to drill more, to take more practice tests, to blind review more. However, the more I got back into studying (taking Sept), the more I realized I NEEDED a stronger foundation. I purchased the starter course, since I already had every practice test available, and it has been life-changing. Not to sound dramatic or anything. :wink: I am going through the core curriculum from the beginning even though some of it is repetitive to what I've already learned. I'm gaining a MUCH deeper understanding! Some of the adjustments to the way I'm now thinking about questions and the LSAT are subtle, some are massive.

My piece of advice would be to work through 7Sage core curriculum. Good luck in your studies!