Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advise

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited October 2014 in General 2074 karma
When I started practicing for the LSAT, I sat at a low 140 ish range. Since 7sage, I have maintained 158 across 3 prep tests now. I have since started reviewing things that I am "bad at" like Logic Game types, specifically the In/Out, and Grouping Sequence types. I have purchased a History magazine and The Economist and I read them on the train to/from work daily, writing comments in the margins about what the main point of each paragraph is. RC and LG are getting a lot better for me, but I am lagging a lot in LR - 17 on my last prep.
I am writing a prep-test tomorrow, and tonight I will be going over weaker LR questions like MBT, MSS, and sufficient assumptions. I have a few more weaker types, but I'm going to start there.
I would idealy not like to put a "cap" on my score, but the law school I'm applying for 160-165 is a good range for me, and I think that's doable.
I study an hour in the morning, work, study an hour over lunch, and study from 5-8 PM when I get home. I write a prep test Monday or Wednesday and one on Saturday.

Does anyone think this is achievable for me? I really thought so, but I keep reading comments..... indicating to some people that they should wait till February if they can't study full time :/

Comments

• DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    I think this is achievable given the improvements you've been experiencing and all the efforts you've been putting in. You are already 2 points away from 160, so it's looking pretty optimistic to reach your goal.

If you are worried about hitting 160-165 consistently be December, my advice is to keep writing prep tests once or twice a week till November 16 to see where you stand, which is the last day you can switch test dates if you are already registered for the December cycle.

I think we have similar workloads with full time work and competitive athletic pursuits, so I've personally decided to push my date back to February just so I don't explode from stress.

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    This is what I thought too. If I can master my LG games, improve just slightly on my RC (with comprehension of harder passages, ect), and improving on my LR question types, I thought I would be okay.

I'm also taking an LSAT course next week, it spans across a few weeks, 1-2 classes a week, with some times LSAT practice prep-tests in the class, which I thought would be good in terms of putting yourself in the environment of the test.

Additionally, I'm meeting with a stress/anxiety psychologist to work though test-related anxiety, so on test day I can assure I can handle the anxiety of the exam. @drackedary