Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you advise PTing before finishing the Core Curriculum?

louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
edited May 2015 in General 190 karma
Hello Folks,

Title says it all. I am around 75% of the curriculum and haven't done any PTs apart from my diagnostic. Do you suggest doing some or wait until I finish the curriculum. Also, I really feel that I forgot so many things already :(

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    No, it's better to hold off on taking PTs until you're finished with the curriculum. You can always go back and review certain lessons that you think you may have forgotten. You can also can back and drill the problem sets. When you get started on taking PTs the most crucial part in perfectly your score besides having a deep understanding of the fundamentals is BR.
  • NYC12345NYC12345 Alum Inactive Sage
    1654 karma
    I completely agree with @emli1000. Furthermore, there are a finite number of PTs, so once you exhaust them you are out of prep material. Work hard and build a strong foundation, and then start taking practice test. I know that you are anxious to start taking PTs. Trust me, I have been there, but finishing the course beforehand is in your best interest.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    I would base it more off where you are in your prep than curriculum
    for June(I hope you're not going for) its way past time you should be PTing. if October, theres so much time you are better off continuing the course and drilling by type a whole lot with maybe a PT a week starting at the very end of curriculum and adding more as you get closer to test date
  • louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
    190 karma
    You people are awesome. Thanks a lot. @jdawg113 , I am aiming towards Oct :) Thank you, I will do that.
    edited May 2015 1654 karma
    @louis2014 I am taking the LSAT in October and will be starting a BR group for those that are preparing for the October test soon. Let me know if you are interested.
    190 karma
    Sorry for my ignorance, I know what BR is, but what do you mean by BR group? I read couple of threads about Skype and BR group, but I don't fully grasp the idea. I am in, but would you mind if I am slower than the rest?
    1654 karma
    We take PTs on our own, BR on our own, and then we BR together on a joint Skype call. It works well because you get to hear others' process for coming to the right answer.
    190 karma
    Hey @alexandergreene93 , I read the pinned thread now. I would love to be in. As long as I will be done with then curriculum then I can join you :)
    edited May 2015 1654 karma
    @louis2014 Great
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @louis2014 PM me with your Skype handle :) @alexandergreene93 does this mean you'll be joining us ?!?!
    1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins I'm currently working on final papers and studying for final exams. Also, I'm only up to PT 45 and I do not want to jump ahead into the 60s because I am not taking the exam until October and I want to take the PTs in order.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I'm convinced that the BR study group will be part of 7Sage forever!
    1654 karma
    @emli1000 It's too helpful to not be utilized.
    7965 karma
    All the feels. @alexandergreene93 we'like be PTing from 36 starting in June!
    1654 karma
    @nicole.hopkins Sounds great! I'm a little confused though. Aren't you taking the LSAT in June?
    7965 karma
    @alexandergreene93 Nah I jumped off of that sinking ship back in March ;)
    1654 karma
    Are you taking the October test?
  • 4 karma
    I would love to be a part of the BR group as well! My skype is alisha.karmali