Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approaching Problem Sets

in General 776 karma

I am in the early stages of CC and I had a few questions about the problem sets:

1) When do you do the problem sets? After the lesson or do you keep it for after your BR? I have the ultimate version of 7sage and I know I have all the problem sets. However, I just want to maximize the use of the limited questions we have to study from.

2) Are the problem sets arranged in terms of difficulty? (Easiest to hardest?)

3) When you are doing your problem sets – are you timing yourself? If so, how long should one pace themselves to do one LR question? Currently, because I am going through the practice problems and typing up the breakdown of the stimulus, etc. – it takes me about 5 mins or so per one question. I know this is not ideal – but I want to make sure I am going slowly while I am learning the content – rather than going fast and not understanding the concept.

Any help would much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

interested in seeing answers to this I had some similar questions.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

I'm no expert, but here is what I have done. I have seen a slow but steady PT score increase following completion of the CC:

1. During the CC, I aimed to do about half of the problem sets. I did every other set (usually the odds because that was what I hit first). If a particular type was giving me problems, then I did more. I did all of the parallel reasoning problem sets during the CC because I know that is (was) an area of particular weakness in my skill set. I would use the "Star" button on unused / fresh problem sets so I would know which I could go back to later.

2. Now that I'm post-CC and have started PT / BR-ing, I use the "fresh" problem sets to review those areas that the 7Sage analytics say I need to focus on.

3. I did not / do not "time" myself during the problem sets. Since its review / drilling, I want to focus on actually understanding and learning, not timing. (I use PT's to hone my timing issues.) I also am still writing out stimulus conclusions and explanations of all five A/C's during review. It helps keep me honest with myself.

The problem sets are grouped by difficultly. Generally, they get tougher the further into the sets you go.

Hope this helps and good luck!

• FlashLSATFlashLSAT Alum Member
    293 karma

thank you!

• 776 karma

@LSAT_Wrecker - thanks. your advice was super helpfuL!