Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Missing PT's Where are the preptests?

jjoushlynjjoushlyn Alum Member
edited June 2018 in General 198 karma

Hello 7sagers,

I am trying to develop a collection of as many early preptests as I can so that I can practice understanding question types. I understand how to get the latests PTs , but I cant seem to find a few on amazon. I need preptets: 1-6, 8, 17, 39, and maybe many tests in the 40s. Am I missing something ? It seems like they do not exist . I want to give myself enough tests to practice with and I cant seem to find them in numerical order , if at all.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited June 2018 9372 karma

I think those are out of print..... :(

Cambridge LSAT sold them as "10 Actual, Official Out-of-Print LSAT PrepTests: Official LSAT PrepTests 1-6, 8, 17, 39, and 40":
    https://www.amazon.com/Actual-Official-Out---Print-PrepTests/dp/1456387049/

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited June 2018 1804 karma

Those PTs for some reason - probably the LSAC looking to release yet another member of the Actual PrepTests series at some point - are not sold by the LSAC. A company called Cambridge LSAT used to sell those, but not anymore. You can try getting them on Amazon, but the last time I checked those were prohibitively expansive.

• sakox010sakox010 Member
    edited June 2018 333 karma

If drilling by question type is your concern, then powerscore sells questions by type for each section in two series. There's a 1-20 reading comprehension by passage, 1-20 logical reasoning by question type, and 1-20 logic games by game type. And then there's a 21-40 reading comprehension by passage, 21-40 logical reasoning by question type, and 21-40 logic games by game type.

I bought all 6. I did all of the 1-20 books for LG and RC, but got through 2/3 of the 1-20 LR. I did both LG and RC for the 21-40 books, but only did the flaw in the reasoning, weaken, and strengthen sections in the 21-40 books. Ultimately, you're going to need to do timed sections and PTs to score high. These books were nice to have, but I definitely don't think they are necessary because going through them takes a long time and eventually you should get to a point where your time will be better spent on timed sections.

So you aren't getting the questions in the format of a PT, but you're still getting them all, and they are organized by type which is nice. Check out their website. Here's an example of the 1-20 logical reasoning questions: https://shop.powerscore.com/books?id=a08E000000O2WMdIAN

You can probably find them on amazon as well.

• buckmartinbuckmartin Alum Member
    91 karma

I don't understand. Aren't these all available already on 7sage?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@buckmartin said:
    I don't understand. Aren't these all available already on 7sage?

Yes, they are all available on 7Sage if you have Ultimate+.