Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Trends Admissions

JusticeLawJusticeLaw Member
in General 194 karma

I was reading where various law schools have stopped requiring the LSAT for admission now. Is this becoming a trend? After so much studying I am wondering if it is worth it now. Any suggestions or words of encouragement.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma
    1. It is a trend.
    2. It is still worth it; a good number of schools make it clear that alternatives - usually GRE - are geared toward those applying for joint degrees, and that they expect their applicants to have LSAT scores.
  • OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited June 2018 2531 karma

I think that this trend is mostly in response to a dip in applications that was experienced by law schools at the start of the recession. Schools like the University of Arizona started accepting the GRE because they wanted to pick up grad students who realized that a masters degree in something scientific or inherently academic may not pay for itself after all.

By no means is the GRE an equivalent substitute for the LSAT. I think that a student with a great LSAT score will carry more weight than an equally good GRE score, for example, because a high LSAT score will improve that school's reported numbers and their overall ranking.