Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚡Official November 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread⚡

studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official November 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the November 2018 LSAT here!

Rules:

You can identify experimental sections.
You can say things such as the following:

• I had two LGs! Was the LG with "flowers" real or experimental?
  • I had two RCs! Was the section that starts with the honeybee passage real?
  • I had three LRs! Does anyone know if the first LR section with the goose question is real?”

You can't discuss specific questions.☠️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the first LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Have fun discussing!

Comments

• parkervukichparkervukich Free Trial Member
    82 karma

Great. 4:30ET and I’m wide awake.

• PatriciaaPatriciaa Member
    30 karma

Whooooooo!!! This is it!!!! Goodluck, all ☺️

• wrasschaertwrasschaert Member
    310 karma

Goodluck everyone! Let’s go get what we’ve worked hard for. This is just another PT similar to the ones we’ve been doing for months!

• laroja.mccormacklaroja.mccormack Free Trial Member
    7 karma

Let’s do this!!!!

• parkervukichparkervukich Free Trial Member
    82 karma

Well....

• malik.sannamalik.sanna Alum Member
    36 karma

I had two RC sections: 1 with a uncivil obedience and the other section started off with Indus Valley civilization...which was is the graded one?

• lennono88lennono88 Member
    105 karma

The Indus Valley one is the graded one. I had it, but I had three LR sections

• ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
    88 karma

@"malik.sanna" The Indus Valley one!

• justinschoon1justinschoon1 Member
    3 karma

@"malik.sanna" said:
    I had two RC sections: 1 with a uncivil obedience and the other section started off with Indus Valley civilization...which was is the graded one?

Indus Valley!

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

Indus Valley was graded

• ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
    88 karma

Was the LG with the mining over months the real one or was it the other one??

• Summer17Summer17 Alum Member
    125 karma

Mining was real

36 karma

Yessssss! Thanks so much guys! I’m so happy it was the Indus Valley one. I found that so much easier to read and get through :) you guys rock thanks for sharing

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited November 2018 894 karma

i overheard people in the bathroom talking about how hard the mining game was. i didn't think it was thatttttttttttt bad. but then again, i did skip it and save it for last. luckily i had 13-15 minutes left for it.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

3 LRs, 1 LG, 1 RC. RC section about big bang was real. Calendar (?) game was real section as well.

• @"malik.sanna" said:

I had one RC with Indus Valley

• cece1805cece1805 Alum Member
    14 karma

@keets993 said:
    3 LRs, 1 LG, 1 RC. RC section about big bang was real. Calendar (?) game was real section as well.

I had 2LG, 2LR, and 1 RC. I guess one of my LG is the experimental one then.

30 karma

I had 2 games, 1 r and 2 lr... which is the real game? The one with mining?

36 karma

Yup mining was real

14 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    i overheard people in the bathroom talking about how hard the mining game was. i didn't think it was thatttttttttttt bad. but then again, i did skip it and save it for last. luckily i had 13-15 minutes left for it.

Was this the only LG you had? If yes I think this would be the real LG

• nco3nco3 Free Trial Member
    24 karma

I had 3 LR sections - does anyone know which one the experimental was?

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

3 LR.

Was Evergreen trees one real?

• arthi.kunasingamarthi.kunasingam Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I don't think Evergreen was real. I don't think I had a question about that.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited November 2018 894 karma

@T-SERIES yes it was the real LG. how did you feel about it? i also had two LG's. my test was LG RC LR break LR LG. i knew the mining was real because they hardly ever put experimental in sections 4-5 (this is just what i've heard) also my first LG was way too easy to not be experimental.

• ashtyntarapchakashtyntarapchak Free Trial Member
    edited November 2018 14 karma

Which one was the experimental LR? I had three, and one contained stimuli that were longer and harder. I figured that was the experimental section.

30 karma

@"malik.sanna" ughh I knew it. The other one was way too easy. I thought the mining was hard!!!

30 karma

@Nabintou i cannot remember a question about everygreen...

• Ellewoods227Ellewoods227 Free Trial Member
    10 karma

I had 3 LR sections. We’re the one talking about athletes and PED and the one talking about penguins and temperature real?

• ashtyntarapchakashtyntarapchak Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@carlyharris0724 said:
    I had 3 LR sections. We’re the one talking about athletes and PED and the one talking about penguins and temperature real?

I think the one with athletes was real

• kayyyy95kayyyy95 Alum Member
    95 karma

Does anyone know if the LR section that started with bonobos was real?

• swhiskeyblissswhiskeybliss Alum Member
    16 karma

athletes was real -- I only had 2 LR and that was one of them. yes on the bonobos, i had that one too. nothing on evergreens that I can remember... my brain is FRIED!!! but congrats everyone! :)

• nco3nco3 Free Trial Member
    24 karma

one of the LR sections had two questions (point at issue, necessary assumption) based on the same stimulus. if you did not have LR as your experimental section, can you confirm if this question was in one of your LR sections? thanks!

edited November 2018 10 karma

athletes was real -- I only had 2 LR and that was one of them. yes on the bonobos, i had that one too. nothing on evergreens that I can remember... my brain is FRIED!!! but congrats everyone! :)

Do you remember any other questions from the bonobos section?

16 karma

@nco3 I did not have this question and I had 2 LR sections.

• H96 J.DH96 J.D Alum Member
    142 karma

Section 1: LR
    Section 2: LG
    Section 3: RC
    Section 4: RC
    Section 5: LR

WHAT WOULD BE MY EXPERIMENTAL? Please explain??????

16 karma

@Ellewoods227 said:

Hi @Ellewoods227! argh... I'm trying to recall but it was my 1st LR and I know bonobos was Q1. not sure if that helps. i'm going to try and jog my memory in the meantime!

• kayyyy95kayyyy95 Alum Member
    95 karma

@Ellewoods227 said:

Unfortunately, I can’t remember anything specific this second but I do remember the end of the section I thought was experimental (with bonobos I think) having quite a few really long parallel questions towards the end.

14 karma

@"lady macbeth" said:
    @T-SERIES yes it was the real LG. how did you feel about it? i also had two LG's. my test was LG RC LR break LR LG. i knew the mining was real because they hardly ever put experimental in sections 4-5 (this is just what i've heard) also my first LG was way too easy to not be experimental.

I found this one a bit difficult! Especially the mining one. But I managed to answer most of the questions and guessed one or two.

16 karma

@Ellewoods227 said:

I didn't have penguins and temp.

• RiseandGrindRiseandGrind Alum Member
    219 karma

Hey all, this may not be the right place to post this but our test center closed because of terrible air quality in SF. Does anyone know/have any predictions what test they may use for our rescheduled test and when it may be?

10 karma

@swhiskeybliss said:

@Ellewoods227 said:

Hi @Ellewoods227! argh... I'm trying to recall but it was my 1st LR and I know bonobos was Q1. not sure if that helps. i'm going to try and jog my memory in the meantime!

@swhiskeybliss said:

@Ellewoods227 said:

Ugh I was really hoping that one was experimental...

• knisskat94knisskat94 Alum Member
    43 karma

My sections were: LG RC LR LR LG

RC- 27 questions - Indus Valley Civilizations

LR -both sections had 25 questions- real sections started with: bonobos who swallowed rough leaves; and the effect of the Gulf Stream creating mild winters in England.

• tbrit011tbrit011 Alum Member
    48 karma

@Ellewoods227 said:

I had one about penguins!

48 karma

I had three LR sections if anyone can help me, I had a section that talked about monkies, another one with penguins, and another about the Amazon river riv the Pacific ocean

• nw199593nw199593 Alum Member
    edited November 2018 65 karma

Did the real LR section had a question about building a station that does not have a tunnel or something like that?

48 karma

@"H96 J.D" said:

Your experimental would be one of the RCs
    My rcs talked about classic cinema, the big bang, and about the industry valley, so ur real RC would match those
    Hope this helps!

16 karma

@swhiskeybliss said:

@Ellewoods227 said:

I didn't have penguins and temp. @Ellewoods227 sorry for all the posts -- i think the a

@nw199593 said:
    Did the real LR section had a question about building a station that does not have a tunnel or something like that?

yes -- it was about building a majestic station but needed a tunnel that would make it go over budget.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

It's hard to figure out which of my LR's was real cause all the questions are just jumbled up in my brain. RC and LG is so much easier to differentiate.

• Peterpi719Peterpi719 Core Member
    36 karma

@"H96 J.D" said:

I had exactly the same, the first RC was experimental, the water resource one