Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Major Premise/ Sub Conclusion

shegotitshegotit Member

What is a major premise and a sub conclusion? Also what are other terminology words that I will need to know in relation to logical reasoning questions?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

The question you ask is a vast one. Grammar, particularly grammar parsing are aspects of the LSAT that are necessary skills for a high score. This is covered well in the "Grammar" section of the core curriculum. Please see the lessons starting here:
    https://7sage.com/lesson/grammar-subject-predicate-details/
    It is also beneficial to pay particularly close attention to argument part questions, including Mr. Ping's explanations of them.

More to your point:
    A sub conclusion (often called a major premise) is a premise for a main conclusion that derives support from another premise.

David

• shegotitshegotit Member
    211 karma

I went through those lessons again but I dont recall JY explaining the terminology he used.

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

To determine a sub conclusion vs a main conclusion I'll put one conclusion before the other and ask myself "why?" if the latter explains the former then the first is the main conclusion. I basically move them around until I figure this out if I get stuck.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Here is the link but I strongly suggest you go through that entire section from the very beginning. No point skipping around or you'll be asking lots of questions when most of them can be answered via the videos.

https://7sage.com/lesson/advanced-sub-conclusions-major-premises/

211 karma

Thank you for that....I forgot about that being covered

211 karma

@AshleighK I saw that method in a powerscore book where they said that you just substitute indicators till it makes sense...How do you pace yourself with that method