Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sub Conclusion/Main Conclusion Weaken ?'s

skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
So in reviewing the lessons on weakening I came across the one about the Olympics and it made me curious about attacking the support for the Sub Conclusion versus attacking the support for the Main Conclusion from the Sub Conclusion in these types of questions. Does anyone happen to know if on the more challenging questions whether or not it is more common that the correct ACs attack one more frequently than the other? Or is there not really a pattern?

Comments

• MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I haven't noticed a pattern. The more difficult questions tend to exploit ones inability to find the flaw and use it to weaken the argument in the first place.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I think the easy questions are less likely to have a subconclusion at all. For the more difficult questions that do, yeah, as @MrSamlam said I don't think there's a pattern. The added difficulty with subconclusions comes from the fact that you have to check for flaws in two places instead of one.