Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 Qs: What type of law? What else would you do?

cvaldez74cvaldez74 Member
in Off-topic 130 karma

What type(s) of law are you most interested in practicing and why?

Criminal law with family law a distant second. I'm fascinated with all things crime and found law to be the safest and most intellectually stimulating way to make a living in crime. I've wanted to practice criminal law since I was a kid.

If not practicing law, what other profession/career would you pursue (or do you already have)?

Photography. I tried portrait photography and, while I enjoy most of the work involved, I found that I really don't have the patience to deal with most types of people when it comes to client relations. Also, I suck at sales. Instead, I've been focusing my efforts in stock photography but it's incredibly challenging to earn even a meager living shooting stock, so it's more of a hobby that pays a little.

Comments

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    1723 karma

Type(s) of law I'm interested in: Corporate/Business, Constitutional/Appellate, Real Estate and Oil & Gas
    I have always had a passion for business but my number skills weren't the greatest and I never really found a particular nitch in business. Law allows me to use my passion in business but from a position of strength. I guess Real Estate sort of falls in to the business side to an extent. I find real estate a great market to specialize in. We will always need land! Oil & Gas simply because down here in Texas, oil is king and the market is booming. Constitutional law because my passion for the constitution is deep and being able to work on legal matters pertaining to it would be awesome!

If not law: US History teacher/professor or Business Management
    I love U.S. History, especially the early beginnings of our country and our constitution. History is so important and I feel like so many people dismiss it because it seems boring when in reality if we forget our history, we tend to repeat the mistakes made. Business Mgmt. because I like managing and running a business so that would be right up my alley......running a golf course would be amazing haha!