Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

December 2004 Logic Game #3 Video Explanation

zara.j20zara.j20 Member
edited November 2014 in Logic Games 30 karma
Hi everyone!

I was just watching JY's explanation of the third game explanation for the Dec 2004 LSAT. At the very end of the video for Q17 JY tries out answer choice (D) to show us how to determine which answers are incorrect. Why is it that why Y and Z are in the photo W, S, and U get tossed out? Here's is the link for the video http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-45-section-3-game-3/

I'm just confused about the very last question (17) when we try out answer choice D

THANKS!

Comments

• Matt2014Matt2014 Alum Member
    edited November 2014 18 karma
    I think the reason you have asked this question is because you could plausibly have a scenario wherein Y, Z, and W are the three in and all the other items are out. Whereas, in the video, J.Y. threw out W right off the bat. But J.Y. was just showing you a possibility where the combo Y and Z can work (be a part of the three pieces that are in), not saying that W has to be out.

If that is not the case though, I am more than happy to revisit your question. But yeah, it appears J.Y. threw W, S, U out right off the bat because by doing so it renders the remaining pieces into floaters, which are easier to deal with than W, which if in, is sufficient to trigger that R and T are both out. It's just less things to have to account for and worry about.