Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are you balancing prepping app materials and LSAT study?

Victoria.Victoria. Member
in General 553 karma

For those of you who are planning to take the LSAT this September and want to apply early this cycle (I'm thinking early/mid October), how are you balancing prepping your materials (particularly your PS/addendums/diversity statements/Why school x? etc. and your study time? I'm planning on dedicating the majority of my time to the LSAT but also don't want to end up freaking out when Sept. 9th comes around if I don't have any solid drafts prepped.

Comments

• Nabintou-1Nabintou-1 Alum Member
    410 karma

Hi Victoria!

So at the cost of sounding like a total nerd, I've been balancing this by using writing (i.e., PS drafting, diversity statement brainstorming, etc.) as my "break" from LSATing. For one, I do love writing so that's helped but also quite frankly, I'd rather do almost anything besides drilling LR question types. So, I think that may be one way---using those breaks as opportunities to get app prep in. I definitely agree that focusing most of your time/energy on LSAT is the wisest decision. But, I wouldn't underestimate the weight of a personal statement; think it especially plays a big (if not biggest) role when it come to our reach schools. Another way I'm balancing is by making sure I'm getting all of the "easier" tasks knocked out. For instance, I asked my recommenders for my LORs at the end of the semester (April/May), and those have already been submitted. That way, finishing up my app (ideally) won't consist of me waiting on other people. Finally, I think considering one of 7Sage's Admissions packages could lead to a decision you won't regret. I'm currently working with one of the awesome tutors and it's such a huge relief having much needed guidance (including creating a timeline around your schedule).