Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Study Schedule

junebug94junebug94 Member
in General 13 karma

Hello! I have a question about the study schedule. I plan on taking the November 2018 test as well as the January 2019 test. Would it be best to follow the five month plan or the seven month plan?

Comments

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    807 karma

I would go with the seven month plan to have a thorough, in-depth learning experience :)

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@teelyssa7 said:
    Hello! I have a question about the study schedule. I plan on taking the November 2018 test as well as the January 2019 test. Would it be best to follow the five month plan or the seven month plan?

Why do you want to take in November and January? January is super late for the cycle and probably not worth applying after. You'd have much better results if you delay a cycle so that you can fully prepare for the test and not rush to January and then be set back significantly by applying in February.

• junebug94junebug94 Member
    13 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:

@teelyssa7 said:

Why do you want to take in November and January? January is super late for the cycle and probably not worth applying after. You'd have much better results if you delay a cycle so that you can fully prepare for the test and not rush to January and then be set back significantly by applying in February.

Hi! I unfortunately learned the hard way that long-term studying doesn't fit with me. I did that for my SATs and test anxiety kicked my butt on my test day. I studied for a full year and completely bombed the test (I did good and got into my top school but my pts were wayyy higher than my final SAT score).

I recently graduated college and I'm studying full time (with breaks so I don't burn out) if that helps any.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Why not 3 months if you can? Where you are not working, you should be able to be more active. Plus, when you finish with everything, this will give you a month to work on the things you need to.

As stated above, don't take Jan. Not worth it.