Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ June 2018

jyarmojyarmo Alum Member
edited January 2019 in Test Center Reviews 350 karma

I was originally scheduled to take the LSAT at Montclair State but got notified about a month out that I was rescheduled to a hotel in Newark (the Hilton I think) and that didn't sound appealing to me at all. I'd read too many LSAT hotel horror stories. I wrote to LSAC and they agreed to my request to change to Seton Hall (which is actually closer to my home) without issue or fee.

Proctors: My proctors were fine - a little whispery once or twice but nothing major. Felt very rote and by the book, no real issues.
Facilities: The test was held in Stafford Hall which is a new, clean building full of classrooms. There were probably about 20 people assigned to each room and everyone was pretty spaced out by a desk or two, not at all crowded. Desks were standard size, comfortable enough for booklet and answer sheet.
What kind of room: see above
How many in the room: see above
Desks: see above
Left-handed accommodation: n/a
Noise levels: My individual classroom was very quiet and the students were respectful and orderly
Parking: There was copious free parking in a parking deck very close to the test building
Time elapsed from arrival to test: This was the worst! My only major complaint was a ridiculous wait in a long line that went outside the building and wound down and around another building. I arrived at noon and waited in the already long formed line for a full 40 minutes before any one was let in the building. This sucked! It was hot and everyone was pretty edgy - it's a crappy way to lead up to the test, waiting forever outside standing in line with no updates or idea what was going on. Once inside - we quickly found our names and room assignments. Check in was smooth from that point forward.
Irregularities or mishaps: Nothing after long wait to get in.
Other comments:
Would you take the test here again? Sure - since the accommodations were good other than the ridiculous wait.
Date[s] of Exam[s]: Monday, June 11, 2018 1:00

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I live a few blocks from Seton Hall so I'll be taking the test there.

• jyarmojyarmo Alum Member
    350 karma

@Emily2122 said:
    I live a few blocks from Seton Hall so I'll be taking the test there.

Good luck! Like I said - once we all got in, it was a breeze. I was so happy and surprised that it was quiet and went so smoothly. Hoping they fix the long line stupidity before your test. :)