Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ED application

jhanco10jhanco10 Alum Member

Good evening,

I have been working on my law school application materials to apply ED. If I am set on attending a particular school, would it be wise to personalize all of the recommendations and essays to the school (UGA)? Also, how soon should I schedule a tour of the school after I apply?

Thank you so much!

Comments

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

If your recommenders are willing to write multiple versions for your ED application and your other applications (idk if this is even allowed), then personalizing them would be good. Otherwise, don't do that haha.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

It’s really not necessary, and from what I’ve heard, doesn’t make a huge difference if LORs are geared toward a specific school. If I were you, I’d have them be general, and apply to not just that school but several of its competitors as well. If you don’t get in ED, applying to other schools could be very helpful when it comes time to negotiate scholarship money.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2043 karma

I think personalized LORs are only effective in avoiding yield-protection, but if you're already applying ED then I don't see that being an issue.