Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Checklist for application

KK Free Trial Member
edited September 2013 in General 345 karma
Hi,

I'll be starting the CAS process for getting my LSAC gpa computed as well as getting LORs from professors. I already have two professors willing to give me a LOR and I will be meeting with them next week.

I'm taking the LSAT in October. Can someone explain like I'm 5 what steps to take to make the application process as streamlined as possible?

I honestly looked this up but the information is so all over the place. I would like to know, if it is all right, how those of you who are in law school or have gone to law school completed the application process. What steps did you take and when?

Thanks

Comments

• acf111591acf111591 Free Trial Member
    45 karma
    I am applying this year for fall entrance in 2014. I secured recommendations from all my professors and employers months in advance, but to stream line for you here is my list. (I already submitted my apps schools are just waiting for my LSAT scores and then I can start hearing back)
    -2/3 Letters of Recommendation sent directly to LSAC (you can print a form and hand them to your professors or they can just send to the lsac address but you should direct them)
    -Personal Statement (Upload as a word doc 2-3 pages double spaced max)
    -Resume (uploaded and formatted to demonstrate your academic work and extra cir. and well as any relevant work info or what you are doing in your years off from work)
    -Request transcripts from the registrar at your undergrad univ. (i don't know how this works if you are still in college, I graduated before applying so I was able to sent a complete transcript I'm sure they'll send the most recently updated grades (have them sent to the LSAC address)
    -Fill out each individual app. form for each school that is easy to access and pretty much the same with little variations depending on the school. these are in your LSAC account once you add the schools to your list
    -Pay your fees, as if you're not shelling out enough dough already.

sry for the short hand, typing on my phone and that was a lot to type. hope it helps
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    thx so much
  • marryam_kmarryam_k Alum Member
    29 karma
    Thanks, very helpful!
  • K SK S Free Trial Member
    86 karma
    I have (probably stupid) question on evaluation/recommendations. I have three. One work (from undergraduate management position), one school (my advisor/professor), another from my law firm now.

When sending the requests I just put in for evaluations and recommendations from each. So I have six. Is this excessive? When I actually apply which one should I submit ? The recommendation or the evaluation?

Thanks!
  • KK Free Trial Member
    edited September 2013 345 karma
    I read on TLS that it is best to send two. I think it was a harvard law school admissions officer (or the head of harvard law school admissions) who said that.

Did you guys waive your rights to see the LOR?
    45 karma
    i think you have to waive your rights-i know i did
    45 karma
    i mean have to in the sense that you absolutely should
  • garrettnicole92224garrettnicole92224 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Most schools will accepted no more than 4 LORS, from what I can tell. Others have a no more than 2 policy.

You should waive your rights because that ensure to the ad com that you did not have any say in what was written in the letter - that its really an objective evaluation of your character/capabilities. So yeah, you don't have to, but you should waive your rights.