Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study plan for a November retake

edited July 2018 in General 1025 karma

I studied using ONLY 7Sage from April 2017--scoring at 141--to December 2017 where I got a 161 on the Dec test (-9 RC -11LR -5LG), but I used every single PT to study with the exception of PTs 71-84. My goal is a 170+.

Background
I have recently finished the Bible Trilogy and thought they were a fantastic addition onto the 7sage course, specifically for learning little tips and tricks. My game plan at the moment is to take PTs 50-84 before the November test. I am not sure how good of a method this is, since my material will be pretty limited. Of course, I will be reviewing and BRing each test.

There were two good things that came from getting the score I actually was not happy about. One was that my highest PT score, that was also my last three PT scores before the real test, was a 161. So I performed just as well on the real deal as I did my PTs, even down to questions missed per section. The other good thing is that I now have had experience with test day in general. Both of these factors have affected the way I PT this time around.

Yesterday, I took PT 50 and got a 167 on it (-8RC -2LR -3LG). I am excited at this score but it might be inflated as I did remember some LR questions and a whole passage from RC that was just used as a drill in the RC Bible. Nevertheless, even retaking sections when I had no break the first go around, I never once went -0 on a LR section and I have done so on this PT.

Question regarding prep
My overall question feeds off this inflation dilemma and my previous run; how can I adequately prep when I have instances where I remember questions/passages/games and I also don't have a ton of "new" material to work with over the next 4 months?

Any help would be wonderful, thanks a lot.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3279 karma

You still have 13 modern tests to work with. I suggest taking a PT almost biweekly and drilling the questions you've already seen. I would actually hold off any new PTs for almost a month.

I'd also hesitate to value the score on repeat tests.

• edited July 2018 1025 karma

@10000019 Thanks for the reply. I think the biweekly is working out pretty good. But it's hard to find work to do in the meantime. Any suggestions on what to work on?

Yeah, despite having not seen PT51 for 10 months, I just got a 174 on it and I think I am actually 10+ points lower then that.