Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feeling extremely discouraged for Monday after big score dips.

beachykeenbeachykeen Alum Member
in General 15 karma

Hey all. I’ve been studying for this test since Feb 2017. It’s been nearly 15 months. I started at 142, and worked my way up to 167-171.
At first, my RC and LR were right where I wanted them to be: -2/-4 for RC and -6/-8 for LR. My LG were bad, so I brought them up to -0 consistently.

But now, for the last month, I’ve seen scores ranging from 160-164 with huge score hits in RC (-7/-10) and LR (-10/-12). I haven’t neglected them whilst improving the LG though! I look back at my weak areas and drill question types. But when I take the test, I go blank. The only thing that stays consistently -0 is games.

I even practice my PTs at my test center since it’s a public campus! I freak out. I panic. I run out of time. It doesn’t seem to click. I’m beginning to feel so nervous for Monday. I’m not sure what happened.

I have my last PT scheduled for tomorrow. I’m going to try to work backwards in LR because I need a new method and I tend to lose all my points in LR in bundles (#20-#25 wrong in a row)

I’m feeling so sad and confused. :( I worked so hard and came so far, to randomly be choking like this would crush me considering how much time I put into this thing.

Comments

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

Its the nerves that make your score drop. Happened to me on official LSAT. It is rough, the only advice is to go through it and register to retake if you feel you underperformed. Retaking it right away helps me to not be nervous at all, I mean I did it before, I know the drill, you cannot surprise me anymore.

• thinkorswimthinkorswim Alum Member
    433 karma

Hello I'm actually in a similar boat as you haha. I've been studying actually longer and also worked my way up from the 140's. You sound like an eccentric just like me probably studying 8+ hrs a day everyday. I know how that feels and completely burned myself out. I was also registered for the July LSAT and decided I wasn't completely ready. I'm not sure what advice to give you as I'm sure you've put in an enormous amount of hours. I think if you are 100% definite on writing this upcoming LSAT then maybe you should just take the weekend off to relax as putting in an extra what? ( 24hrs) assuming you study 8 hrs a day wouldn't make much of a difference at this point? I'm sure you know this considering you climbed all the way up here. Whats 24 / Total amount of hours spent. If your like me that's probably less than 0.001 percent. If you're confident in your skills then it's your mind that needs addressing. If you're not confident in your skills then put it off waste that $200 or so dollars and keep grinding. I know how it feels to actually NOT want to take a day off.... this LSAT stuff is like crack man

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Relax! Take some time off and do no studying. Do you really think that taking this last test is going to help much? If you do poorly you will feel even worse going into your actual test. The costs significantly outweigh the benefits. Do some light drills if you really want to study. But relax and focus on getting your mind right.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Burnout and test stress. Test stress does some crazy stuff. Meditate, go have fun, work out even harder, etc. Get that extra energy out in a positive way and take a little time off before.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

You just have to chiiiiiillllllllll. Look at all the positive progress you have made. Don't even think about the LSAT the next couple of days. You have a solid foundation, you know what you are capable of. Go into the test with that in the back of your mind and go crush it! Take you time, be calm. Own the test, don't let it own you. I would not put it off though. If you do that you create a precedent for the next test. Just go in and get it over with. Get your score, and if you have to retake you have to retake. It's not the end of the world.