Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I write an addendum?

I'm looking at this (https://7sage.com/admissions/lesson/when-to-write-a-non-required-addendum/?ss_completed_lesson=14725) lesson in the admissions course and I feel like I might be in a gray area. I think I'm pretty bad on standardized tests and, like everyone else who considers writing an addendum for a low LSAT score, I feel my score isn't representative of my intelligence or my ability to excel in law school. The lesson says the following and I think I might fall in this camp and would like your opinions on this:

If you have a history of scoring low on standardized tests but performing very well in school—for example, you scored a 14 on the ACT, but got straight As in difficult classes—you have legitimate grounds for writing an addendum.

My earlier standardized test scores have been all over the place but they have never been exceptional. While I didn't get a 14 on my ACT, I got a 24 and 25 on my first and second takes, respectively. My SATs went from as low as 1690 to as high as 1850. While an 1850 isn't horrible, there's still some room for improvement. I got into a top school and took some pretty hard classes and finished with an LSDAS GPA of 4.0+. What do you guys think about writing a low LSAT score addendum on these grounds?

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Hmm that sounds like it would fit in with the narrative of what @"David.Busis" says there. Maybe David can give you a thumbs up or down here? :) obv that is an excellent GPA so it does sound like your standardized tests tend to be lower than expected of a 4.0 student.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3112 karma

I would also write an addendum. Make sure you provide the evidence that you mentioned regarding college standardized tests. Nonetheless, you have a perfect GPA and should work on getting that LSAT score as high possible.

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7292 karma

I don't think it would hurt, and there's a chance it would help. Make sure you get very specific: I got this, this, and this on the SAT on this, this, and this date. Either offer to attach score reports or just send them. If you can, try to help them compare apples to apples. E.g., My top SAT score put me in the 60th percentile, but my grades put me in the 95th percentile at my college and the 99th percentile in my major.