Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gap Between Actual and BR Score

glaezzoglaezzo Free Trial Member
in General 98 karma

I have a large gap between my actual PT score and my blind review score. I have been consistently scoring in the 168-169 range but am BRing in the 177-179 range. If anyone has had a similar experience what is the best way to get over this?

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

That's perfectly normal and exactly how BR review typically works. Obviously since you are untimed and slowly re-checking the questions, your BR will always be higher, and often significantly so. Usually as you progress in studying, you never really catch up with your BR score because both your PT and BR continually go up. However, much like where you are, they will get closer once you reach 175+ on BR since you've basically mastered the test. Given unlimited time, you can score near perfectly, which is awesome.

Really what the issue here is just that it sounds like you plateau'd in the upper 160s which happens to most people. Breaking into 170s is (obviously) very tough.

Have you worked on skipping questions to maximize time? If you give an average section breakdown, that would help. Do you find yourself running out of time in sections? Or only that you are correcting answers in BR that you got wrong during the PT? Any particular weaknesses that you know of?