Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Closing gap between actual and BR score?

emmorensemmorens Core Member
in General 1470 karma

Hi all!

I just hit the 160s for the first time (yay!) it was a BR score so I'm not sure how consistent it will be going forward... but exciting nonetheless! My issue is timing, I score MUCH higher on every section untimed as I'm sure many others have experienced. I am looking for ways to learn to maximize my time in order to close this gap quickly.

I scored a 147 timed and a 163 untimed on PT 52 today - granted, I would typically score 154/155 timed but did not answer nearly all the questions, as I was trying to focus on maintaining accuracy.

Now that I seemingly am maintaining accuracy (thanks to my first ever 163, as well as other untimed sections where I was averaging similarly) I figured it made sense to begin focusing on timing and test taking strategy. In LR I feel that I often have to re-read the argument in order to get its gist, which I know is a huge waste of time - if anyone has advice on this specifically it would be helpful!

I can NEVER make it to the last RC passage timed, I assume this will just come with practice?

Here is the breakdown of my BR score for context:
LR1 - 21/25
LG - 23/23
LR2 - 17/26
RC - 18/26 (Q15 was removed from scoring from exam)

Thanks in advance!