Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Schedule Skepticism

TTopfourTTopfour Alum Member
in General 13 karma

Hello all,

I'm preparing to take the Lsat in June 2019. I believe my planned exam date relevant because my question probably does not apply to those starting to study with less time to spare.

I'm wondering why the 7sage study schedule recommends taking practice LSAT's before even introducing strategies for both LG and RC. In concept, I buy the idea that practice exams should be saved to hone already existent skills. Doesn't taking an exam before even being provided strategies to apply for LG and RC waste a great deal of that exam's utility?

Comments

• 7Sage Fan7Sage Fan Alum Member
    24 karma

Hello @TTopfour,

I think the point of taking a practice LSAT (the June 2007 test) before the main portion of the Core Curriculum is so you can have a baseline score and know how much you need to improve using the strategies in the curriculum.

For example, if you score 143 on the first practice LSAT, and you have a target score of 165, then you have a pretty clear idea of how much of a jump you need to make, and I think this helps you to be more focused and deliberate once you start studying, compared to if you had no idea how far off you were from your target score to start with.

Hope that helps!