Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First -0 in RC!

MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage

Yay for small victories! Studying works guys (who'd've thought lol). The only thing I've been doing differently is doing the last passage first. It's helped my timing and confidence. Woo hoo!

Comments

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

Any other tips ?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I read a passage all the way through without stopping. I don't stop to take notes, I don't stop to try to understand a weird word, I just go through without breaking my rhythm. The only writing I ever do on the passage are small brackets to indicate viewpoint changes. I do think that the memory method is helpful, especially to train your mind to think in the right way, but I don't actually write out low res summaries or anything like that when I'm doing timed work. Also, I know a lot of people hate RC, but I think you have to have a positive mindset about it. It seems like the least clear of the sections, and maybe that's true, but all the information you need is in the passage so just keeping that in mind can really help.

• lsatgodjklsatgodjk Alum Member
    938 karma

Congrats, that's so awesome. I tank RC.. I get like 15 right. I haven't done any studying on RC though, I try to focus on LR and LG. I'm wondering if finishing the RC portion in the CC will help me improve at all, any thoughts?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@lsatgodjk, Yes, the CC is very helpful and so are the comments.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Yeah I thought the CC was helpful for sure! I’m a believer in the “growth mindset” and I think that the way people talk about RC being the hardest to improve causes too much discouragement. It might be harder than the other two, but it’s possible!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Congrats! Victories are victories, no matter what size!

• john.wang5314john.wang5314 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

Congrats!

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I have never had a -0 in RC or LG. Very jealous! Congrats!