Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Words of Encouragement/Experiences with 10+ Point Improvement

Hello!

I am about 90% done with my CC. I took the July LSAT and had only studied for 10 weeks prior. I scored a 144. My diagnostic was a 139.I feel gutted. I have hit 153-154 at least 3 times each. (Target school has a median of 155) I guess the main problem I had was 1. I did not take FULL practice tests like back to back sections. I would take a two timed sections, then have a 5-10 min break and do the other so the exam just felt LONG and I was TIRED by the third section 2. I rushed through my CC and really need to understand conditional logic more. 3. I did NOT have my games down.

I guess i'm just worried I won't do much better when I retake November. I know a lot of members here have had higher diagnostics than my LSAT score so I am feeling really discouraged although I know where I messed up completely. Lack of studying and blind review. Has anyone else experienced a terrible first exam score but able to pull a 18 point improvement?

I am retaking in November.

Comments

• saeednaseebasaeednaseeba Alum Member
    30 karma

I completely understand how you are feeling. My diagnostic was a 143 and I took that on June 01, 2018. I have been studying for about 2 months and my most recent practice test was a 156 on August 05, 2018. I plan to take the test in either November or January. The most important thing to remember is that you can only control your preparation. The score all depends on the skills and habits we form during our preparation. I try to tell myself when it gets hard that the best way to ensure success is to deserve it. You can do anything if you truly give it your all. I am aiming for a 165 at least so I have plenty of work ahead of me. Don't give up because this is a marathon. Even if no one has had an 18 point increase doesn't mean you won't be the first. Give it your all so you can look back and be proud of yourself.

• Q_ESQUIREQ_ESQUIRE Alum Member
    71 karma

Similar situation to mine- how are you doing your studies now?