Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR questions

LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member

Most of the time when I review JY's videos for the LR questions I get wrong I completely understand the right answer. Its like I get smacked in the head - I mean, duh, the right answer is so obvious. Rarely do I review a wrong answer that I don't understand and it makes me wonder why I can't see it when I'm first doing the question. My guess is that I'm at fault with these:

• I'm rushing through the question and not reading the stimulus as critically as I should.
  • Not identifying the conclusion and premises of an argument.
  • Not thoroughly reading each answer choice to properly choose the correct one.

Is there anything else that I'm missing?

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited August 2018 2531 karma

This seems like a good list. You might benefit from doing confidence drills, and some un-timed section drills. You want to find out where you are spending too much time and where you are rushing when you ought to be more discerning.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I would also suggest maybe taking the time to specifically identify the question type when you're doing section drills/PTs. Even when you the question stem makes sense, it can help you get into the right frame of mind if you say to yourself "okay I'm looking for the necessary assumption" or whatever. I would also recommend bracketing the conclusion on confusing stimuli.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Thank you @Ohnoeshalpme @MissChanandler. I'm going to try your suggestions and hopefully will get somewhere.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Also try filming yourself so you can actually verify whether it's due to rushing, not marking up structure, not reading ac's thoroughly, some combination, or something else entirely.