Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help/Advice

Took another PT yesterday. LR: -5 and -8. LG -3. You know what? That'll do for me. My problem is RC. I went 10/27 on the June LSAT and on my PT yesterday I went 15/27. I don't know what else to do. I have been doing low res summaries, but there are just some of those "what the F" passages that lose me. Tips? Things that worked for you? Lately I have just been practicing RC over and over, but at this point I do not know what else I can do.

I am a reader too...like, this is frustrating.

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Do you focus on structure for RC? This is some other people's belief, here is proof for it, here's proof for other theory, and it seems our author agrees with the other theory. Also, what's your BR for RC like? That will help determine if it's a fundamental issue or a timing issue. What question types do you get wrong?

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

I second @keets993 but would add that if it is a timing problem, you should record yourself doing an RC section. Might help you discover where you lose time. It may be that you are spending too much time on one passage and thus being unable to complete the section properly.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I advise anyone in a plateau to find a tutor. They are going to be better at diagnosing your problems for RC by working closely with you and by understanding your methodology.

• LivingThatLSATdreamLivingThatLSATdream Alum Member
    500 karma

Try doing three passages only. Skip one if you read through it and it just doesn’t click. Or skip the one with the least questions. With that approach you’d be able to get ~20 right.

If that doesn’t seem to help, or you still feel rushed, do two passages only. But nail them! That’s 13-14 questions correct, plus ~20% of 13-14 remaining. You’d be getting ~16 right by being confident in two passages.

I don’t know what your process currently is, but if you are only getting 10-15 correct you should not be finishing the section. Rushing through the passages is not going to help. Slow down with it and change up the process until you find what works for you.

Good luck!