Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Advice

Hi everyone! So I have been trying to read for structure, and I think it has paid off mild dividends. However, not enough. RC is killing me, scoring around -6 on it. With the September LSAT on the horizon, I was wondering if there is something I can do to try to get a few more points in RC. Is it worth it to buy the LSAT trainer and drill the RC section? Are there any other useful RC resources? Thanks!

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    edited September 2018 1878 karma

Hi @"Sue Doe Nimb"

Are there particular passages that you find more troubling? Or specific question types?

Perhaps try switching up your approach a bit. If you notate a lot, try relying more on memory; or the reverse. I found myself notating a lot initially but it was giving me a false sense of understanding. Less notation forced me to absorb and command the material in my mind. It helped to pause after each paragraph and spend a few seconds summarizing the main point of the paragraph. After each paragraph, I would summarize and link the paragraph with the previous ones, creating an overarching structure.

An interesting trick that worked for me was occasionally preparing with material tougher than the LSAT - e.g., like doing more than 4 sections consecutively etc. I wonder if the equivalent for RC might be helpful: e.g., reading all 4 passages first and then tackling questions, forcing your memory to deal with a larger amount of content. Then, when you return to the traditional passage length, things might be breezier.