Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for higher BR score

ecarr_12ecarr_12 Live Member
in General 187 karma

Can you guys share your tips for higher accuracy with BR?

I'm PTing in the low-mid 160's and am only seeing a 6-7 point increase on my BR. I really want to aim for 180 BR in order to see improvements with my actual scores. I spend anywhere from 1-3 days going over my PTs slowly but still do not see that much of a difference. I also admittedly input my PT answers to see how I did before beginning my BR, is this not advised?

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

That is definitely not advised. It takes away from the true review. Also, if you're PTing in the low-mid 160s I think it's a little unrealistic to expect 180 BR scores. Are you going over every single question in your BR or just the circled ones?

• ecarr_12ecarr_12 Live Member
    187 karma

@MissChanandler I'm not expecting a 180 BR, my goal is a 180 BR ... the goal with BR should always be a 180 lol and no I go over every question

• Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
    183 karma

I think it's just a matter of time. The more familiar you get with the test, the more you will develop an innate understanding of how LSAC makes the LSAT and what they are looking for from you. There's this "aha" moment, which cannot be predicted when it will come. Just keep on PTing!

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

Well to increase your BR means to increase your fundamentals. Going back to CC might not be your best bet but figure out why you get questions wrong even during BR. For example, do you know how to do correlation-causation questions in theory (there's 4 explanations that can exist in a correlation-causation relationship) but you have a hard time recognizing it? Drilling might be your best bet for increasing your BR score once you've identified patterns in the questions you get wrong. Also I don't know if you necessarily need to increase your BR to decrease that gap. The solution could just be timing, so try drilling questions you spend too long on. Video footage helps to figure out what those are.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    edited August 2018 3256 karma

Part of the point of BR is to only do the ones that you circled so that you learn where you're over and under confident. For example, if you thought you got a question right and you didn't circle it, but then you got it wrong, what happened? Stuff like that. I agree that if you're doing EVERY single question over three days with no time limits, then you should definitely have the goal of getting scores very very close to if not actually 180 every single time.