Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep Test Differences

Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
in General 183 karma

Hey everyone. How different are the Prep Tests in the early 70's from the current LSAT? Thanks!

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Not that different. They're not that long ago.

• mynameisjeffmynameisjeff Member
    519 karma

Exactly what @"Leah M B" said. Early 70s are pretty similar to the ones right now.

Now if you were comparing the before 50s PTs, I would say the comparative passages in the RC section.

• Sue Doe NimbSue Doe Nimb Alum Member
    183 karma

@"Leah M B" and @mynameisjeff , thanks for your response! From what you've said, you seem to imply that there are some differences. What would those be?

8392 karma

There are always going to be subtle differences, the test does change over time. I think there have been more miscellaneous games recently. There are certainly differences between tests in the 40s vs tests in the 70s/80s. Not just with comparative reading, but the LR questions are written a little differently and the games evolve over time. Those more subtle changes that don't happen instantly from one test to the next, there are just very small changes over time. So if you take tests that are 10 apart, there may be small differences. But overall, the tests are really consistent with difficulty. So, don't sweat changes too much. It's nothing cut and dry and you likely won't notice anything different.

• MindyKaleMindyKale Alum Member
    350 karma

@"Leah M B" Are the recent misc games more reflective of the earliest LSATS (10s or 20s) ?

8392 karma

@MindyKale said:
    @"Leah M B" Are the recent misc games more reflective of the earliest LSATS (10s or 20s) ?

Hmm... I don't think so. It's so hard to describe these things haha. I don't think they're as random as those old games. But they just tend to not fit neatly into the typical categories. Like, I just recently worked on a game from those early PTs that had the same letter used as both a game piece and a category. That kind of stuff doesn't happen on the newer games. They've refined them a lot to take out the kind of messiness that some of the old games had. And also, the newer tests seem to more frequently also have very simple, very straightforward games (like a standard one line sequencing) together with maybe 1 more difficult miscellaneous game. They won't all be weird games that you have to improvise on.