Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Approach to RRE

edited August 2018 in Logical Reasoning 1025 karma

I just was going over RRE questions in BR and a strategy came to mind on how to eliminate or pick answer confidently. I would say most, if not all, RRE questions are asking one to explain why something is different or despite them seeming different, why they are similar.

In the process of BR, I found this approach to be helpful: step one, depending on if one is looking for a difference or a similarity, make sure the correct aspect is present in the AC; step two, ask WHY this difference/similarity is important.

I write this because I've seen a trend where I get stuck between two or three ACs on hard RRE questions. I know exactly what I am looking for in the realm of differences or similarities, which usually leaves two or three left, but then I get stuck because LSAC writes the diff/simi cleverly. Taking a second and asking "why is it important" has made me totally and confidently eliminate answer choices that looked correct to me before I asked it. Asking "why?" seems to focus my thinking on how the AC's proposition is relevant in its attempts to fix the problem more clearly then just reading it and seeing how it "sounds" when pushed back to the stimulus.

I'm not sure if everyone else already does it this way, but I thought I would share what helped me.

Thanks and study hard!