Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

allergies buggin out?

Sarri BallSarri Ball Alum Member
in Off-topic 74 karma

I only have a minor allergy to ragweed, but it's been hitting me pretty hard. I had to pause several times a section during my last PT just to blow my nose.

I sorely hope that my symptoms have quelled slightly by next Saturday as I don't want to be the guy sniffling throughout the entire test, nor do I want to waste my own time by constantly blowing my nose.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Should I take a pill the night before as I'm heading to bed and once again upon waking?

Good luck to everyone in the home stretch.

Comments

• lsatstudent97lsatstudent97 Alum Member
    61 karma

I find that Reactine extra strength works best. They relieve symptoms for 24 hour and is non-drowsy. I'd probably just take it in the morning just to be safe. Also, eye drops for itchy/watery eyes works wonders.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Ah that's such a bummer. I'd definitely be sure to take any allergy medicine that you're used to. I wouldn't recommend trying a brand new med on test day in case it does make you drowsy. I take Zyrtec and Sudafed year round for some pretty bad hayfever, so I stick to that. Flonase is also a nose spray that's over the counter now, but I think helps more with congestion than runny nose. Allergy eye drops for sure if you have any itchiness. You are allowed to bring a small pack of kleenex (like the travel packs) into the test and have it on your desk fyi.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If you're going to try a new medicine, I'd test it out on maybe Wednesday or earlier in the week just to see what effect it has on you. Don't want any surprises! Also this is pretty obvious and I'm sure you've thought of it already, but if it's at all possible to minimize your exposure to triggers, doing that next week might help reduce your symptoms!