Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IIII don't know what's best

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited November 2014 in General 2074 karma
I post quite a bit, but I really do appreciate the advice.

I am deciding if I should write a prep test this evening.
I work full time, so right now I'm taking an old, timed, RC section every morning before work. On lunch I do one old, time, LG section and I review the 2 questions given as an intro. Yesterday I did both grouping questions.
My LG is usually 0 - -3 wrong, and I usually only get any wrong because I'm rushing... but I usually have like 10 minutes left at the end, so I know I can improve by taking my time.
My RC is anywhere from -3 - -10, but I find I consistently sit at a 7 or an 8. I know I can improve, which is why I drill them daily.

I know LR is the section that needs the most work.
Monday and Tuesday I went through old question types and drilled them by section (approx. 20) per SA, NA, PSA, Flaw, MC, MSS, MBT, MBF, ect.
I was planning on writing a prep test today after work, take a break, review 1-2 sections of it (most likely RC and LG since they take less time for me to review), review the rest Thursday, do some more review, and Friday (I have the day off), spend the day drilling concepts again.

I find that Flaw questions, and identifying the flaw, are the fundamentals of these arguments, so I bought the Cambridge package of 200+ flaw questions and planned on drilling them on Friday.

My question is.
Should I wait. Should I do some more drilling of the flaw questions tonight, Thursday do some more review, and then spend Friday writing it?

I know now that writing prep test after prep test isn't THE best study method, but I have quite a few left before the LSAT, and I view taking them as a good way to increase speed.

I don't know. :( I guess I just came down with a cold yesterday, so I don't know if waiting is best. But weekends are usually the old/best time for me to write practice exams, and I was already advised not to write one F/S/ and S.

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    only*
    I also should mention that I am usually -7 per section of the LR.
    My lowest so far was -10 overall (-3 on one -7 on the other).
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    if you have all day friday I would think it would make the most sense to take it then, especially if you're getting sick maybe you'll be over it fully by then (granted it could end up being the opposite) as long as you make the most of it... proper conditions, proper BR and so forth I think either one would be fine
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    "Bad enough to miss sleep? Skip dinner?" No... just no. Sleep is extremely important and can greatly affect your score. Same can be said about food. Eating healthy and being healthy are huge. Healthy body leads to a healthy mind and you do not want to hinder your mind in anyway. If you hold off on dinner bc your in the middle of a PT thats one thing but you shouldn't skip anything. Bodies need fuel to function properly just like it needs rest... Though yes you do need to push yourself and really want the score, but do not push yourself to the point of going backwards
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    edited November 2014 2074 karma
    well. turns out I eventually got too sick that I was sent home from work, spent four hours drugged up and asleep in my bed, and nooooow I am trying to wad through some questions.
    Maybe doing them with half a brain and some killer cold symptoms will enhance my ability come test day...?

One can only hope.
    #thestruggleisreal