Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am terrible at strengthening questions!!!!

ania91204ania91204 Alum Member
edited December 2014 in General 4 karma
I don't know how this is possible, but I really suck at answering Strengthening Questions, even though I answer Weakening Questions with ease. I understand that I should be going about S questions in reverse, and after trying it that way, I still find myself answering it incorrectly.

Am I just not understanding how to answer Strengthening Questions then? What am I missing? I know I have to strengthen the support, and I narrow it down to the last two potential answers and I always pick the wrong one of the two. FML. I don't know if this sounds like mumbo jumbo but if anyone can offer some insight on my problem, please let me know!!

Comments

• harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    For some reason weakening are the worst for me! AH We have reverse problems lol.
    My suggestion would be to purchase Cambridge "Strengthening" question set. Or even just print the strengthening questions on here, go through old prep exams and identify strengthening questions, and just spend a solid amount of time going through each one.
    EVENTUALLY it will click. You just need practice.

Identify the Conclusion
    Identify the Premise.
    Pick the answer choice that adds support, so the conclusion is more likely.
    Not doing it in a time crunch allows you to fully analyze each question/identify the patterns in the answer choices/determine WHY exactly each answer is wrong/right.

You can do it!
  • ania91204ania91204 Alum Member
    4 karma
    thanks!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    578 karma
    Take Jason's advise that's what helped me