Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

West Coast Consortium Law Fair 9/15

RiseandGrindRiseandGrind Alum Member
edited September 2018 in General 219 karma

Hi all! Is anyone planning on going to the WCC Law fair held in SF this weekend?

Also, few general law fair questions: Is this a biz casual affair or am I pulling a Jessica from Suits? Should I bring my resume? What type of questions do they expect candidates to ask? If you went to a law fair, was it helpful for you? And most importantly, do they give out fee waivers at the table?

Comments

• kimw2015kimw2015 Member
    81 karma

I'm going too! The RSVP email I got said every participating school will be giving fee waivers to attendees. It'll be my first law fair, so I don't know the answers to your other Qs. (I'd go with biz casual, though.)

• ad_coelumad_coelum Alum Member
    285 karma

Best to wear business casual. I would bring your resume/folder just in case. A folder is good because you'll be picking up a lot of printed materials and need a place to store them. I went to the LSAC forum last year and it was super helpful. I especially loved the panel discussions with attorneys who spoke about their law school experience. Almost all the tables gave out fee waivers so it's good to ask for one after you've asked your questions.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Hi! I'm not going to this one, but from my limited experience with law fairs, I'd definitely go with business casual. They don't want your resume. If/when you apply to their school, they'll get it then. And the people at the fair aren't the ones making admissions decisions anyway. A lot of the questions I asked/overheard were about clinics, clerkships/employment after graduation, student body makeup, stuff like that. Just ask whatever you're interested in. And I'd also suggest asking them what they look for in an ideal candidate. Even though they aren't making the decisions themselves, they generally know what their school looks for. They don't give out waivers at the fair but a lot of them will email a waiver to you after the fair if you give them your email address. Most schools at the fair I went to had a sign in sheet or ipad to fill out your contact info. I thought that it was a fun chance to get to see different schools and get TONS of brochures/info, but other that the fee waivers I don't think it's super helpful unless you just have no idea where you might want to go to school. It's a good experience though so I'd recommend it.