Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 page limit to PS essay

nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
in General 1723 karma

it would seem that many schools have a 2 page limit for the personal statement. Do you guys think i schools will care if i were to make the margins abit bigger to accommodate a bit of a longer essay? i dont think they need to follow a specific format APA..etc, it would seem the only requirement is double space

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited September 2018 3652 karma

They can tell if you change the margins and there is no reason to do so. Now is your chance to practice being an attorney and being concise and cut some of the fluff out of it. Last year I sent a 4 page PS. 3 page PS, 2 page PS, and 1 page PS to accommodate various schools page limits. Just cut out a few adverbs and unnecessary descriptive sentences.

• nathanieljschwartznathanieljschwartz Alum Member
    1723 karma

Do you by any chance know the different Max lengths for the T14 schools?

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I would use standard APA format. Schools will be able to tell if you stretch the margins. My guess is that the system actually standardizes everything after you upload the documents. Either way, just try to shorten it a little. Use conjunctions, cut out some adjectives, etc. This is not a test of your descriptive writing.