Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Law school fairs are awesome!

I can't imagine how informative and fruitful law school fairs and campus recruiting events must be for y'all Americans, but yesterday I had a chance to meet a few school reps who came to visit my city in Canada. It was my first time meeting anyone from the admission committee, talk about the process outside the online 7sage forum, and was shocked to see so many other eager and passionate applicants (in real life).

It was overall a very uplifting experience because I could really see the passion they had for their programs. Well, I got to meet one of the Assistant Deans for a school I was interested in applying, and I instantly bonded with her over our passion for biotechnology and drug discovery! I worked as an anti-cancer research assistant for a couple of years before taking this route as a law school applicant. Turns out she was also heading the Innovations & IP clinic of that school. I think I ended up talking to her for about 20 minutes and then she asked for my personal contact before I left the fair.

This morning, I got in touch with an IP law professor of that school (who happens to be very famous in the scientific world for her research), who happens to work with pharmaceutical and biotech firms in the city the school is located in. I had a phone call after that and she got me in contact with the people who can help me secure a summer job in their R&D department even before law school started. This is super exciting!

Of course, I need to work really hard to meet their median LSAT score on the November exam to be a qualified applicant, but the moral of the story is, when you are genuinely interested in a school's program, do your homework, and ask questions nicely, the reps will guide you in a way and help open doors for you. Just wanted to share some positivity during this anxious time!

Comments